PerAspera has employed a team that makes them unique and gives them a competitive advantage. Plenty of new companies are preparing to step into the ring but this team has either been actively involved in or eyeing the industry for years. Read below to meet the team behind the most influencial new Canadian cannabis company.
Andrew M. Hale, MBA, BSAE, PMP
- Seasoned leader of high performing teams delivering operations and complex program excellence.
- Attended the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering.
- Commanded three nuclear-powered submarines in the U.S. Navy where he led all aspects of operations, training, logistics and personnel, with ultimate responsibility for mission accomplishments on $4B national assets.
- Masters in Business Administration from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Senior Executive in the Department of Energy at Headquarters Naval Reactors to run all aspects of the entire U. S. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Training Program with three operating sites including four operating prototype nuclear reactor plants and more than 4,500 personnel.
- Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards Vice President, Program Delivery overseeing all three of Seaspan’s Canadian National Shipbuilding Strategy Non-combat design and build programs valued at over $3B CAD.
Priyanka Nalawade, PhD Polymer Engineering
- Enthusiastic and detail-oriented researcher who attended the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai, India earning a Bachelor of Technology in Polymer Engineering in 2010.
- Attended University of Akron, Ohio where she earned her Ph. D. in Polymer Engineering.
- Synthesized and characterized novel high performance polymers and reactive diluents obtained from renewable sources such as soybean oil and linseed oi, resulting in the development of low Volatile Organic Compounds and environment-friendly paints.
- Worked as a Senior R&D Chemist at Sherwin-Williams, USA where she focused on failure analysis and providing post-sale analytical support in the field of paints and protective coatings – from identifying weakness in products to analyzing field failures to developing new chemical characterization techniques for faster turnaround time on projects.
- Led several high-value projects in collaboration with Sherwin-Williams customers in North America, Europe and Asia.
Donald Dinsmore, MScPB
- Professional plant biochemist with a background working with successful research groups.
- Attended the University of Calgary earning a Bachelor of Science in Plant Biochemistry.
- Completed research projects studying the effects of heavy metals on cell membranes and utilizing site-directed mutagenesis to investigate the reaction mechanism of enzymes involved in opium poppy secondary metabolism.
- Earned a Master’s degree in Plant Biochemistry where he studied opium poppy metabolism and genomics
- As part of the Genome Canada Project, he was responsible for the analysis and creation of LC-MS/MS metabolomic databases for twenty unique alkaloid producing species and identified novel genes from opium poppy.
- Operations manager, reporting to the head grower, for Heart Rock Mountain Farms in Mendocino County, California where he helped lead a dynamic team to a record-breaking harvest.
Tiffany Walsh, J.D., B. Comm. Barrister & Solicitor
- Practices Canadian and U.S. securities and business law and involved with equity financings, the sale of privately held businesses, public company reporting, reverse mergers, and IPOs.
- Advises entrepreneurs and small business clients on a variety of business law matters including capital structuring, leases and contracts, dispute resolution, and going public.
- Experience working with clients in a broad range of industries including technology, resource exploration, media, hospitality, naturopathic medicine, and cannabis.
- Extensive experience within the cannabis industry representing federally approved medicinal cannabis producers, dispensaries, cannabis tech companies, and online retail.
- Active member of Women Grow, an organization led by female leaders in the cannabis industry and regularly a guest speaker on the topics of cannabis business law.
- Worked with a number of BC’s craft cannabis producers to help prepare for legalization.
- Graduated Cum Laude with a Law Degree from Western Michigan University, called to the Bar in Washington State and in British Columbia.
- Obtained a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Industrial Relations from Saint Mary’s University.
Stephen Brohman, CPA, CA
- Founder of Oakside Advisory Ltd. a professional services company focused on the natural resources and blockchain sectors. Oakside has provided Independent Director, Chief Financial Officer, Controller/bookkeeper and Corporate Secretary services to public and private companies in Canada, United States and Europe.
- He has served as Chief Financial Officer and Director for various private as public companies.
- He is a Chartered Professional Accountant and received his Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting and Finance from Capilano University.
Quinn Martin, CPA, CA
- Quinn obtained his CA designation in 2010 and also started with Davidson & Company LLP in the same year. He practices primarily in the audits of public companies, focusing on audits of companies with International operations.
- His experience over the past 10+ years has been integral to his growth as an individual and a professional, and Quinn was involved in numerous committees and expert teams within the firm.
- Most recently, Quinn has moved to Donaldson Grassi in New Westminster to begin the process of taking the reins of this long-established accounting and financial consulting practice.